According to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA):
- Thirty-one million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for absenteeism at work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identifiable costs.
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
As you can see, if you are experiencing back pain, you’re not alone! The human back is complicated. It’s a working structure of bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. When you irritate joints, strain muscles, rupture disks or sprain ligaments, all of these can lead to back pain. Even the simplest movement, like bending over to pick up something, can cause painful results. Other factors, such as poor posture, obesity, arthritis, and stress, as well as disease of the internal organs, such as kidney infections or bone loss, can cause back pain as well.
At The Prather Practice, we can help relieve your back pain safe, effectively and pain-free with chiropractic care. Schedule an appointment today, so we can talk with you about the pain and other warning signs you might be experiencing. The Doctor will take the time to get to know you and your symptoms and make a proper diagnosis. In addition, we can answer any questions, such as maintaining a healthy diet, proper exercise, practicing good posture and sleeping habits when it comes to ways to reduce your back pain. Contact us today!